[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Bugs-102 ] \pdffontexpand without autoexpand produces strange "ligature"

noreply at sarovar.org noreply at sarovar.org
Wed Sep 1 17:34:05 CEST 2004

Bugs item #102, was opened at 2004-08-20 18:38
You can respond by visiting:
http://sarovar.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=493&aid=102&group_id=106

Category: hz
Group: v1.20a

Initial Comment:
In the attached test file the fonts are set up by
\def\setupfont{
   \resetefcode\font
   \pdffontexpand\font 20 20 5 %autoexpand
}

This produces a strange "ligature" in the fifth word of
the resulting pdf (test/oertzen.pdf): instead of "ä" in
"Verhältnis" something quite different is printed.

If autoexpand is used, "ä" is printed.

Also the log shows control characters at some points in
the trace of the first page, most notably in the fonts
names (0a and 00).