[NTG-pdftex] feature request

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Feb 8 10:55:18 CET 2005

Hi,

Some fonts have glyoh variants, e.g. latin modern has umlauts versions and
alternative copyright symbols and such. The characteristics of those
alternatives don't change, so we could pop them in using an special enc file,
which is what i do now. However, in order to fully exploit this feature, we need
some extension.

Say that we use lmr10 two times, one time with the alternatives, and one time
as-is. We need:

- two tfm files (the same but a different name)
- two mapping lines
- one pfb file

However, if we have

   \pdfsetfontenc\somefont{blabla.enc}

we can do with

- one tfm files (the same but a different name)
- one mapping lines (the original)
- one pfb file

I can even imagine that we have

   \pdfsetfontfile\somefont{blabla.pfb}