[NTG-pdftex] feature request

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Feb 8 20:39:31 CET 2005

Hartmut Henkel wrote:

> yes, but it could be implemented without sharing like:
>
> \pdfmapline{+ cmr10 CMR10 <cmr10.pfb}
> \pdfmapline{+ hcmr10 CMR10 <someenc.enc <cmr10.pfb} % no hcmr10.tfm
> \pdffonttfmalias{cmr10 hcmr10} % line may come this late
> \font\a=cmr10 at 10pt
> \font\b=hcmr10 at 10pt
> \b Hello!

ok, that could work (and is a useful feature too) but in y case it would mean
that i'd have to use different font definitions, so i'd gain nothing; actually i
want to avoid new font definitions:

\def\SetFont#1{\font#1=cmr10 at 10pt}

\SetFont\a
\SetFont\b
\pdfsetenc\b{<whatever.enc}

you see, i don't want to chabge teh definition of \SetFont (which normally is a
bit more compex that that since we're talking about font systems)

> i thought it would be just another independent tfmname, aliased to cmr10
> only for tfm/vf read. TeX wouldn't notice at all (but i don't have any
> preference what to implement/if time :-)

sure, but it should be a bit of a challenge for you -)

> yes, only what can't be done by macros :-)

indeed,