[NTG-pdftex] Re: Slow PNG inclusion with pdfLaTeX

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Sun Feb 27 17:09:13 CET 2005

Hi Taco,

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> I saw this on c.t.t. Shall I attempt a merge of yours and my patches?

oh yes, that would be very nice! The reason why i hesitated with this
patch is that it's not clear to me whether the libpng internally does
any color transforms or other RGB number tweaking during decompression,
maybe driven by some special PNG chunks in the image file. The fast
reading patch would ignore these chunks. But until now i couldn't verify
that libpng would do such calculations at all. Likely not; then the
patch would be safe.

Regards, Hartmut