[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Bugs-292 ] protuding leads to "This can't happen (paragraph)."

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Thu Mar 24 16:38:00 CET 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Martin Schröder wrote:

> At least we know that the patch for 1.21a is wrong as it leads to
> "This can't happen (paragraph).", and 1.20b at least doesn't
> fail, right?

it doesn't in one of unhbox/unhcopy, but it would (since quite some time
even before 1.20a) if you happen to use the other one of both. It would
be clean for now if margin kerns would be removed in _both_ unhcopy and
unhbox cases (little different patch) at least to make it consistent.
But it won't suit Olli, as edmac protrusion would vanish... I'll try to
think about this over easter...

> Olli only uses edmac, does ledmac suffer from the same problems?

i believe it's similar (i actually meant edmac), same underlying
unboxing procedure...

Regards, Hartmut

P.S. upgraded to sarge, not backslash and curly braces anymore on the
kbd, have to grasp them with mouse for now :-)