[NTG-pdftex] Flattening the web files

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Wed Jan 18 00:48:26 CET 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> >But the name of the project will still be pdfTeX (not pdfeTeX), right?

Good decission.

> indeed, let's stay with the historic name (of course it's up to thanh to
> make the final decission on that);

Sure. Thanh, would you please say the final agreement that pdftex means
from now "pdftex with all etex extensions"? (no more pdfetex)

> for a while i wondered if calling the binary pdftex would make sense,
> but then we need to adapt  too many manuals, tools, etc;

Hans, thanks for pointing that. It just means that we have to change
at least fmtutil.cnf and make some cosmetic changes is some
documentation. I vote for doing that. It is much more easy
to explain (especially for the newbees) that pdftex is just an extension
which incorporates also all etex things.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl