[NTG-pdftex] Flattening the web files

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Wed Jan 18 00:48:26 CET 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> >But the name of the project will still be pdfTeX (not pdfeTeX), right?

Good decission.

> indeed, let's stay with the historic name (of course it's up to thanh to
> make the final decission on that);

Sure. Thanh, would you please say the final agreement that pdftex means
from now "pdftex with all etex extensions"? (no more pdfetex)

> for a while i wondered if calling the binary pdftex would make sense,
> but then we need to adapt  too many manuals, tools, etc;

Hans, thanks for pointing that. It just means that we have to change
at least fmtutil.cnf and make some cosmetic changes is some
documentation. I vote for doing that. It is much more easy
to explain (especially for the newbees) that pdftex is just an extension
which incorporates also all etex things.

Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl