[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Bugs-577 ] Type 3 fonts: on screen fine, on paper filled and displaced

noreply at sarovar.org noreply at sarovar.org
Mon Jul 24 23:46:44 CEST 2006

Bugs item #577, was opened at 2006-06-28 13:09
You can respond by visiting:
http://sarovar.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=493&aid=577&group_id=106

Category: Fonts
Group: v1.30.0

Initial Comment:
Hello!

It's pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5), on Mac OS
X 10.4.6, PPC. The Type 3 font is dijkstra, a famous person's
handwriting, as distributed by many SunOS and Solaris versions.

Until mid May I had no problem with pdfTeX, dijkstra, and my EPSON
EPL-5800 (PostScript 3). This week I again wanted to print a personal
letter with Prof. Dijkstra's handwriting used for my letter head. And
some letters were filled (P,e,9), others were horizontally and/or
vertically displaced from their correct positions. Dijkstra was installed
with fontinst.

Can this be a pdfTeX problem? End of May I added almost 1 GB of files
to update SDKs etc. in Mac OS X to be able to produce Universal
Binaries. The last few Tiger versions are known as a bit buggy. My last
TeX binaries updates happened in the middle of May, but I have no
LOG files from this. The recent LOGs from making the format files
contain the string above ...

Greetings

Pete