[NTG-pdftex] [Fwd: [NTG-context] crash with pdftex-1.40]

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Jan 5 10:39:47 CET 2007

Hi,

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Thanh Han The wrote:
>
>>I can reproduce the problem, but have no idea how to fix it.
>>pdftex crashes when a pclose is called in aclose(), file
>>openclose.c. But I don't know anything about pipes in pdftex
>>-- it was done by other people.
>>

> it's ok on windows, so it must be a unix lib problem (not sure where the differences between platforms are in code)

Found it, my bad. I malloced() one byte short in the
version of the patch that is used now, Windows apparently
doesn't care about that, but it breaks on Unix (most of
the time).

It used to work OK, I am quite sure of that, so it looks
like there was a mixup somewhere along the line. I have
a two-line change for texmfmp.c, attached.

Martin, should I commit this to TL or do you have other
pending patches?

Best, Taco