[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Bugs-722 ] PDF generation does not support VF fonts correctly

noreply at sarovar.org noreply at sarovar.org
Thu Jan 25 15:01:28 CET 2007

Bugs item #722, was opened at 2007-01-24 09:56
You can respond by visiting:
http://sarovar.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=493&aid=722&group_id=106

Category: Fonts
Group: v1.40.1

Initial Comment:
I've a problem with using VF fonts in PDF mode
(using pdftex 1.40.1, pdftex 1.20b does work correctly).
When using glyphs that are composed of several other
glyphs the various parts appear not at their correct
position.

The following example requires the MnSymbol and the
MinionPro packages.

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[minionint]{MinionPro}
\begin{document}
$$\iint \quad \oint$$
\end{document}

If you create a DVI and use dvips + ps2pdf the output
is as expected (one double integral and one closed
integral). If you use pdflatex to create a PDF file
directly then the output is wrong. The double integral
consists of just one integral sign and the closed
integral consists of a circle followed by an integral
sign.