[NTG-pdftex] 1.40.6

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Nov 10 10:01:05 CET 2007

David Kastrup wrote:
> "Martin Schröder" <martin at oneiros.de> writes:
>
>> 2007/11/8, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com>:
>>> Not sure about:
>>> * The xpdf/poppler interface (this probably a prerequisite now?)
>> No. It's still too unstable and much too intrusive for an update of stable.
>>
>>> * The LFS support (status as 'bug' is disputable)
>
> Don't think so. At the very least, crashing in the middle of a run is
> not reasonable behavior.

In my opinion, the crash is the bug, not the inability to create
large files: I consider that more of a "known limitation" (yes,
I know the difference is vague).

We have a patch for the crash (by Martin) already: detect the
overflow, abort the run after a nice message. I definately do
want that included, and it is a very small and portable check.

Also, the LFS-enabling code needs support from autoconf, and is
so far only tested on very few platforms. Better to do that testing
in a release candidate for 1.50 laster, than to use a bugfix release
for testing it now.

Best wishes,
Taco