[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Patches-876 ] I forgot...

noreply at sarovar.org noreply at sarovar.org
Mon Oct 15 13:35:36 CEST 2007

http://sarovar.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=495&aid=876&group_id=106

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
In my previous submission concerning breaking synchronization when
using for example "dvipdfm -x ... -y ...", I forgot to mention that dvi-
>pdf filters need not really be synchronization aware. On mac os x,
TeXShop and iTeXMac2 frontends both use (shell script) wrappers to
launch the above filters, such that only the wrappers need to be
synchronization aware. At least on Mac OS X, there is no need to patch
the various dvipdf like tools, only the wrappers, and this is the
responsibility of the frontends developers who want to fully support
synchronization.