[NTG-pdftex] Is there a limit to the size of PDF files?

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Wed Oct 17 19:13:01 CEST 2007

Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> writes:

> David Kastrup writes:
>  > Actually, I just discovered \pdfobjcompresslevel.  Maybe we will get
>  > this circumnavigated.
> Don't expect too much if there are many graphics.  They are compressed
> already and take most of the space.

Given their size, they can't be compressed all too much (5 to 10MB PDF
per piece, presumably generated by Imagemagick).  I already wrote a
ticket for replacing Imagemagick with sam2p (I guess I trust Peter
more about squeezing size), but I don't know whether my guesses about
which does what in image preprocessing are correct.

David Kastrup