[NTG-pdftex] 2GB limit and Windows

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Wed Oct 31 18:08:51 CET 2007

Akira Kakuto <kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp> writes:

> Hi David,
>
>> do I understand correctly from the discussions and Svn logs that
>> PDFTeX is now ready to create large PDF files under GNU/Linux, but the
>> same can't be said of Windows?
>
> Please test the binary of W32TeX (1.50.0-alpha),
> and teach me the problem.

Uh, I asked whether I understand correctly.  I did not say that I
_did_ understand correctly or tested anything.

Where would I be able to download this binary?

> I myself don't have tested the large file.

I'll probably not be able to test this before Friday on a Windows test
system (tomorrow is a local holiday) and before Monday on the
production system.  So if anybody has a good suggestion for a simple
enough test setup that would enable Akira to test drive the executable
without putting me in the feedback loop, this would make things move
somewhat faster.

--
David Kastrup