[NTG-pdftex] Question related to .ttc support

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Aug 9 18:03:29 CEST 2008

Thanh Han The wrote:

> how about this: rename (or symlink) the ttc font to ttf, and
> document this trick in the manual. The way it works is more
> or less the same, but we don't have to change anything in
> the sources.

I can see that renaming would work, but that
would prevent the .ttc font from working
in other applications that require and expect
a .ttc, but wouldn't symbolic linking cause
a problem in that it would then find /two/
fonts, one .ttc and one .ttf, the former of
which it would treat as type-1 and the latter
as truetype ?!

** Phil.