[NTG-pdftex] Fwd: Rebuilding pdftex gives ---! Must increase the hyph_size (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

Vasile Gaburici vgaburici at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 13:34:45 CEST 2008

I'm not sure that anyone reads pdftex at tug.org, so I'm trying my luck
on this list:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vasile Gaburici <vgaburici at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 2:23 PM
Subject: Rebuilding pdftex gives ---! Must increase the hyph_size
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
To: "pdftex at tug.org" <pdftex at tug.org>

I've applied a small patch (unrelated to hyphenation) to pdftex 1.40.9
sources and I've successfully recompiled it. But when I try to use it
against the TeXLive 2008 tree (without overwriting the old binary),
I'm getting this:

fmtutil: /home/vga/.texlive2008/texmf-var/web2c/pdftex/pdflatex.fmt installed.
---! Must increase the hyph_size
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

Changing the hyph_size in texmf.cnf doesn's help. Any hints what could be wrong?