[NTG-pdftex] [pdftex-Patches][945] experimental support for tagged PDF

pdftex-patches at sarovar.org pdftex-patches at sarovar.org
Sun Nov 23 17:07:28 CET 2008

Category: Primitives
Group: v1.40.0
Resolution: None

Initial Comment:
This is a patch to experiment with tagged PDF. The example passes
PDF/A-1a check in Acrobat Pro 8. Most of the work is done manually at macro
level; we want to provide only unavoidable low-level support and new
primitives.

This is in very alpha stage and is intended for those who are
willing to experiment with tagged PDF: you need to know about tagged
PDF at low level (chapter 10 from PDF specification), about the
\pdfobj primitive of pdftex and some macro programing experience.
Please don't try it yet if you want an out-of-the-box solution, since
it's not clear yet if it is possible at all.

- apply the patch:
    - unpack pdftex-1.40.4.tar.bz2
    - cd /path/to/pdftex.1.40.4
    - patch -p1 </path/to/tagged-pdf-1.diff

- build pdftex & generate new format

- run "pdflatex -shell-escape f.tex" to compile the test file