[NTG-pdftex] [pdftex-Feature Requests][743] Fake beginning/end of line for protrusion

pdftex-featurerequests at sarovar.org pdftex-featurerequests at sarovar.org
Sat Jun 27 23:14:08 CEST 2009

Category: HZ
Group: v1.50
Resolution: Accepted

Initial Comment:
Although the situation with missing protrusion has
certainly improved, there are still a lot of cases
where characters will not be protruded (e.g. with
indented paragraphs, at the beginning of list items, or
of table cells).
So I think it would be useful to have some commands
that make pdftex believe that it is at the beginning or
end of a line (e.g. \protchar{left,right}). So that you
could for instance say:
 \item\protcharleft ``...
Difficult?

Comment By: Robert (schlcht)