[NTG-pdftex] [pdftex-Bugs][4292] \rightmarginkern doesn't work for last lines

pdftex-bugs at sarovar.org pdftex-bugs at sarovar.org
Tue Jun 30 11:26:26 CEST 2009

Bugs item #4292, was opened at 2009-06-27 21:11
Category: hz
Group: None
>Resolution: Accepted

Initial Comment:
% Protrusion works fine even for the last line of a paragraph.
% If, however, you ask \rightmarginkern, it will always report
% zero margin kerning.
\pdfprotrudechars2
\rpcode\font`\. 200
\parindent0pt
\parfillskip=0pt
\hsize50pt
\tracingoutput1
\showboxbreadth\maxdimen
\showboxdepth\maxdimen

correct:
\setbox0\vbox{AAA AAA. AAA AAA.}
\unvcopy0

wrong:
\newbox\splitbox
\newdimen\rmarg
\loop\ifvbox0
  \setbox\splitbox\vsplit0 to\baselineskip
  \unvbox\splitbox\setbox\splitbox=\lastbox
  \rmarg\rightmarginkern\splitbox
  \unhbox\splitbox\kern\rmarg\rlap{ : \the\rmarg}
\repeat

\bye

Date: 2009-06-30 09:26

Message:
yes I confirm this is a bug that should be fixed.