[NTG-pdftex] [pdftex-Feature Requests][4310] Automatic addition of simple metadata

pdftex-featurerequests at sarovar.org pdftex-featurerequests at sarovar.org
Mon Apr 19 13:55:22 CEST 2010

Category: PDF generation
Group: None
Resolution: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,
   Would it be possible to get pdflatex to automatically set the PDF metadata author, title and date fields using the contents of \author, \title and \date?  It's not clear to me whether this should be done by pdflatex as it's the one generating the PDF or by a package like hyperref defining it's macros so that pdftitle et al. default to the contents of \title.  But I figure you guys are probably best placed to make that call.
   Thanks for all of your hard work - it's appreciated :-)

Cheers,
 - Martin