[NTG-pdftex] The PdfTeX Reference Manual : too many inconsistent copies ?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jan 7 01:10:09 CET 2011

    2) Is there any obvious reason why the TUG copy is so out-of-date ?

Yes.  tug.org/texmf-dist links to the TL 2010 release, not the TL
development sources.  It exists solely to avoid some broken links for
online TL doc and was never intended to be a "known current repository"
to peruse -- that's what CTAN (and TL development) is for.  It is not
explicitly advertised anywhere on tug.org.

Since Google is preferring it, I guess I'll have to do something else.
I think I'll start by telling Google not to index it.

Best,