[NTG-pdftex] [pdftex-Bugs][4341] Stream dictionary improperly formatted

pdftex-bugs at sarovar.org pdftex-bugs at sarovar.org
Thu Jul 14 02:38:55 CEST 2011

Bugs item #4341, was opened at 2011-07-14 00:38
Category: Primitives
Group: v1.40.8
Resolution: Works For Me

Initial Comment:
Testing with: Acrobat 9.4.5 (Mac/US-EN) and pdftex-1.40.11 (TeXLive2010):

Running Acrobat's preflight using "Verify compliance with PDF/A-1b" results in several errors. It appears to me, that Adobe has changed something, as it worked worked some time ago (at least for me with an older version of both Acrobat and pdftex).

Preflight complains about the following:
[X] Syntax problem: Indirect object "endobj" keyword not preceded by an EOL marker
[X] Syntax problem: Indirect object "obj" keyword not followed by an EOL marker
[X] Syntax problem: Stream dictionary improperly formatted

The appended patch applies to pdftex.web and solves the first two problems. The third one is not solved yet and only occurs when including XMP data (could be a problem with xmpincl.sty or the provided xmp data file).