[NTG-pdftex] [pdftex-Support Requests][4337] Text inside lstlisting in generated PDF have extra spaces

pdftex-supportrequests at sarovar.org pdftex-supportrequests at sarovar.org
Fri Jul 22 07:49:17 CEST 2011

Support Requests item #4337, was opened at 2011-04-04 15:06
Category: None
Group: None
Resolution: None

Initial Comment:
Hello.

  In our documents we use lstlisting and PDF, generated with pdflatex, contains extra spaces between characters, so it makes PDF unuseful for copy-paste.

Attached files produce following text when copied from PDF:
a sdf l i s t i n g /home/ t e s t / t e s t 2
l i n e 2 \\ t e s t \bbb\ t e s t 2

Sample from other document:
"1. exported resources configured"
when copied to clipboard produce some missed characters:
"1. exported resources con
gured."

  Please help to solve these issues.
  Can it be solved with my local settings?

PS: Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick.
Acrobat Reader 9.4
lyx 1.6.7-1
texlive-latex-base 2009-10

pdfTeX 3.1415926-1.40.10-2.2 (TeX Live 2009/Debian)
kpathsea version 5.0.0
Copyright 2009 Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh (pdfTeX).
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the pdfTeX copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the pdfTeX source.
Primary author of pdfTeX: Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh (pdfTeX).
Compiled with libpng 1.2.44; using libpng 1.2.44
Compiled with zlib 1.2.3.4; using zlib 1.2.3.4
Compiled with poppler version 0.14.2

Thank you,

Comment By: MaxiM Basunov (mbasunov)
Date: 2011-07-22 08:49