[NTG-ppchtex] Your Help Please

Angelo R. Rossi arossi at rcn.com
Fri Sep 24 00:18:10 CEST 2004

Hello:

I am trying to use ppchtex to draw Lewis electron dot structures for
molecules using ppchtex and am having trouble doing this.

 I was a subscriber to the ppchtex mailing list, but I recently left IBM
for a job in academics.

I am hoping you could answer me directly, since I am trying to do use
ppchtex for a Chemistry examination I am writing.

Description of the Problem
----------------------------------
Suppose I have CCl4.  The carbon atom is in the center and is surrounded
by 4 chlorine atoms.  I have no problem using ppchtex to do this.   But,
each Cl atom has 6 lone pair electrons around
it like this
    ..
 : Cl :

How do I do this with ppchtex.  The electrons seem to always "fall" to
the central atom (Z0) of the ONE structure.  There doesn't seem to be
any way to put electrons around atoms other than the central atom with
the ONE structure.

Can you please give me suggestions?

Kind regards,

Angelo