[VTeX] \pagecolor crashes VTeX (Harbinson's bug)

caapv 208 caapv208 at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Feb 1 04:14:33 CET 2005

"MicroPress, Inc" <support at micropress-inc.com> wrote:

> Borland's C compiler for OS/2 used to compile the
> OS/2 binaries.
> Has *many* bugs; some of them I know how to avoid,
> some -- as we just saw
> -- I don't...
> (and probably nobody else does either).
> It just likes to generate random code on large
> source files sometimes.....
> My "No new versions" is connected to the limitation
> of this thing on large
> projects.

Is it a too much work to port it to a compiler
which is still under development, such as
OpenWatcom 1.2, Innotek gcc 3.3.5, or emx+gcc 3.2.1?
What might be the problem to compile the LINUX
version source with emx+gcc?

The problem with the Borland compiler is that
it assumes all DLL entry points are 16 bit
so that you cannot write a plugins with a 32 bit
compiler such as gcc.

Regards,
Shigeru Miyata