[VTeX] Unable to install vtex in SuSE 9.2

Bernhard Walle bernhard.walle at gmx.de
Thu Feb 3 18:35:17 CET 2005

Hello Oscar,

* Oscar Vives [03.02.2005 18:08]:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Bernhard Walle wrote:
>>* Herbert Voss [03.02.2005 17:05]:

>>>put into /etc/profile.local
>>>
>>>export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.6                     # for VTeX
>>
>>Don't think that this is a good idea since it affects _all_
>>applications. I personally modified my /usr/local/vtex/bin/vlatex and
>>also the /usr/local/vtex/bin/vlatexp script.
>>
>>In my opinition, it would be a good idea to add these modifications in
>>the VTeX distribution.
>
> So, could you, for the moment, show us your modifications??
> and instructions of what to do if it is not too much work for you.

well, simply edit /usr/local/vtex/bin/vlatex and
/usr/local/vtex/bin/vlatexp with your favourite editor and put a

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

after the "#!/bin/sh" and before the "vtexlnx" line. So, my
/usr/local/vtex/bin/vlatex is:

#!/bin/sh
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
vtexlnx -ov -ox2p -ob2  -\$pc=9  -n1 -pu0 -of=pdf.fm  \
                 - at p{w=210mm,h=297mm,f=cf,g=f,t=f,! @latex $*

Maybe I modified some paramters, too, but that has nothing to do with
this issue.

Regards,
Bernhard