[VTeX] How to modify the Layout of a latex Document to meet the "Wordish " specs

Klaus Fuchs kfuchs at extrema.de
Wed Feb 23 14:53:58 CET 2005

In our university we have to create Documents with layout specs which are
Obviousely "from Word users - for Word users"

Fontsize: 12pt, 1,5 line spacing and default margins
(Schriftgroesse 12pt, 1,5 Zeilenabstand, Standard Ränder)

I know that i can modify the margins with the geometry package but i have no
clue how to modify the spacing and the fontsize to meet the requirements.
Does anyone know how big the default margins of a word document are?

thanks for your help,
Klaus