[Tex-nl] Bibtex plainurl.bst zonder komma voor and bij meerdere auteurs

Wybo Dekker wybo at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 19 16:51:01 CEST 2011

On 2011-10-19 14:33, Pander wrote:
> Hoi allemaal,
>
> Ik gebruik /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/
> bibtex/bst/urlbst/plainurl.bst van TeX Live 2011 en bij meerdere auteurs
> wordt er een komma voor and gezet, bijvoorbeeld:
>   A, B, C, and D
> Maar ik wil graag:
>   A, B, C and D

Misschien moet je eerst hier even kijken:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-58104,00.html

Using the serial comma — a comma before "and" or "or" in a
series of three or more items (a, b, and c) — is a matter
of style. In the USA, it's usually called the Oxford comma
and is mandated by the Chicago Manual of Style and several
other style manuals or guides used in academic and book
publishing. The Associated Press (AP) Manual of Style and
Usage, which is the style followed by most newspapers, many
newsletters and many websites, is a less-formal style that
doesn't use the serial comma (a, b and c) UNLESS one of the
elements in the list is a compound (a, b and c, and d),
although a lot of newspaper copy editors and proofreaders
don't seem to remember that these days. A lot of AP style
elements came into being to save space; not using serial
commas does just that - save space. People who don't use the
serial comma wouldn't have any problem understanding
"Dedicated to my parents, Ayn Rand and God" or "...
ex-wives, Kris Kristofferson and Robert Duvall." If I had
seen either phrase before it was published, though, I'd have
suggested a rewrite.

Ruth E. Thaler-Carter, Rochester, NY USA
--
Wybo