[TLContrib] comments from the catalogue

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Feb 3 02:24:20 CET 2011

Hi,

The TeX Live database usually include comments from CTAN's TeX catalogue about
documentation files, eg:

 texmf-dist/doc/generic/pgf/pgfmanual.pdf details="PGF Manual"

in the file listing for the pgf package. Such details are used by texdoc to
adjust scores when searching documentation. They are automatically added during
the generation of the TLPDB by our scripts (see update_from_catalogue() in
tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPOBJ.pm, and tlpkg/TeXLive/TeXCatalogue.pm).

Unfortunately, this doesn't happen in tlcontrib, so texdoc currently gives wrong
results for pgf. I can work around that on the texdoc and by manually adjusting
results for the few packages concerned, but it would seem cleaner if the
information was available from texlive.tlpdb even when the package comes from
tlcontrib. OTOH, this may need some time to implement, maybe more than you have
or want to spend on this.

Wdyt?

Thanks,
Manuel.