[TLContrib] ConTeXt minimals, TL Contrib & Mac support (ppc, <=10.5)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 17:12:27 CEST 2011

Dear Mac lovers,

After yesterday's system failure on my computer I installed the new OS
which means that I'm no longer able to compile binaries for Leopard
and PPC. (My computer failure wasn't planned, but it has been known
for a long time that we will have problems supporting those OS-es and
architectures.)

For some time Richard Koch will try to take over the compilation, but
the future of support for PPC and/or Tiger & Leopard users cannot be
taken for granted. At the moment ConTeXt minimals still support Tiger.
TeX Live only supports Leopard.

This is just a preliminary note. We don't plan to switch off the
support tomorrow, but if there will still be users wanting to use
older operating systems when Dick upgrades all of his machines, we
will have to find other people willing to help with regular
compilations or we will simply cease to support those OS-es and
processors.

Mojca