[TLContrib] starting tlmgr from the command line with an extra option

Alexandre Krispin k.m.alexandre at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 15:40:08 CEST 2011

Hello,

I think there is an error in the following url :
http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/usage.html. Indeed, it is written to enter the
following line to make an update with texlive :

tlmgr --repository http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/2010

This doesn't work for me. I have to enter the following line to make it work
:

sudo /usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/x64_86-linux/tlmgr option repository
http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/2010

What I want to underline is that in this line is that "tlmgr --repository
http://something" doesn't work, whereas "tlmgr option repository
http://something" worked for me.

In case it could be useful for you to know it, I use linux, and have
installed the latest version of TeXlive (through the script and not the
package manager).

--
Alexandre KRISPIN