[TLContrib] How do I properly modify an existing map file?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Mar 26 09:35:09 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 03/25/2012 09:43 PM, Leo Liu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just uploaded my zhmCJK package.
>      http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/cgi-bin/package.cgi/action=view/id=594
>
> I need to modify $TEXMFDIST/fonts/map/fontname/texfonts.map, which is in the fontname package.

If I understand correctly, you do not need the script unless you need to
do special processing to your own map snippet (and in that case I
do not know how to do that).

If you have a prebuilt snippet named 'zhmcjk.map' and you put it in
the right TDS place in the package, then all you have to do is add

   addMap zhmchk.map

to the tlmgr directives. No need for a special script in that case,
tlmgr will take care of everything.

Best wishes,
Taco